To advance South African healthcare through translational research
To develop the next generation of global experts and medical leaders by creating a collegial environment that harnesses research excellence.
Members are encouraged to do PhDs, publish their research, present at both international conferences and to supervise postgraduate degrees.
Members are encouraged to get National Research Foundation (NRF) rating and will be nurtured towards distinguishable scholarly achievements
The society sources mentors for its members to optimise their academic potential and to provide personal coaching
- Leadership training: The society provides leadership training to health care professionals and
medical scientists, integrating the role of emotional intelligence in health leadership
- Research training: The society provides research training for conducting postgraduate research
and clinical trials
- Collaboration: The society has a heterogeneous group of skilled medical specialists with
multiple and varying skill sets; collaborative research will be promoted through this network of
clinician scientists conducting research in South Africa. Through the society, individuals can form
research groups or recruit research investigators
- Funding: Endeavors to source and fund key research areas, to support emerging researchers
through funding their research
- Recognizing and celebrating research excellence